Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Boy Who Looked Like Lincoln

I know I said I would be posting International Books- and I will.  But first- you HAVE to read this one!


The Boy Who Looked Like Lincoln (Picture Puffin Books (Paperback))The Boy Who Looked Like Lincoln (Picture Puffin Books by Mike Reiss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mike Reiss, a writer for the show The Simpsons, and famous Children's Book Illustrator, David Catrow, team up to create a hilarious book about self-esteem, identity, self-acceptance. In The Boy Who Looked Like Lincoln, young Benjy looks a LOT like the late president, which really gets him down. That is, until his parents send him to Camp What-Cha-Ma-Call-It and he discovers he isn't alone in this world. This is a great story about embracing what makes you special and it is also so funny that you will have to read it outside of the library (otherwise you will laugh too loud!).

Interest Level: 2nd-5th
Reading Level: 1st-3rd

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment