Friday, May 20, 2011


Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator!Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator! by Mo Willems
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator! by Mo Willems
Review by J.F. Sanborn

Hooray for Mo Willems in yet another wonderful story! This is the tale of two best friends- Amanda and her toy Alligator.  Alligator doesn't like it when Amanda leaves the house without him, as he demands a lot of her attention.  Amanda loves her Alligator but is a very independent child.  Throw in a third friend and some jealousy and you have yourself a great new Willems book! My 6 year old and I read this using the "you read a page, I read a page" technique and had a fabulous time.  Alligator's expressions and Amanda's taste in reading material will have you laughing out loud!  Willems divides the book up into sections which will make young readers feel as if they have accomplished a whole lot of reading.  Look for more books about these characters as I suspect this will be a series!  Interest Age: 3-8  Reading Level Age: 5-8



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment