Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Some goodies from Down Under...

Let's begin our quest for excellent international Youth Literature in... Australia.

Here are the newly awarded winners of the 2010 Australian Aurealis Awards:

Children's Fiction: The Keepers by Lian Tanner (in America this book is called Museum of Thieves)


Children's Fiction, Illustrated: The Boy and the Toy, written by Sonya Hartnett and illustrated by Lucia Masciullo

Young Adult NovelGuardian of the Dead by Karen Healey

I haven't read any of these titles yet but they are on my TO-READ bookshelf in Goodreads!



Here is my suggestion for an Australian picture book to read this summer:

Diary of a Wombat Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Is it legal to have a pet Wombat in America??... because I WANT ONE!!! This book is sooo cute!! A must read for any classroom that is learning about Australian animals!

View all my reviews

...AND it has a SEQUEL!!  I am putting Jackie French's Diary of a Baby Wombat on hold at my library right now!


<3 <3 <3 Love me some wombats!




No comments:

Post a Comment