Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sunshine State Young Readers Award 2011-2012

The Sunshine State Young Readers Award Winners for 2011-2012 have been posted and so far I have only read The Secret of Zoom by Lynne Jonell and The Magic Half by Annie Barrows.  I loved them both but it seems I have some reading to do!


The Secret of ZoomThe Secret of Zoom by Lynne Jonell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book has made it to the 2011-2012 Sunshine State Young Readers Award List. I read it last year and really enjoyed it. This is an excellent tale of children finding their power and their voices. In its all too real depiction of a world in which not every adult has the best interests of children in mind, The Secret of Zoom is a fantasy story about hope, friendship, family, and a secret to be unearthed. This book will be appealing to both boys and girls- kids who like science, mystery, music, and adventure. There are secret tunnels and caves, a big old house, scientists, a lonely girl and many, many orphans. If you want to know more- you will have to read it!

View all my reviews The Magic HalfThe Magic Half by Annie Barrows
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While books about time-travel can often give me paradoxical headaches, I LOVED Annie Barrows, The Magic Half. This is a tale of destiny, family, and how your true path will find you know matter how far from the road you may be. This book is on the Sunshine State Young Readers Award List for 2011-2012 so I am NOT giving away anymore details.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment