Monday, May 23, 2011

Umbrella Academy by My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way


The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse SuiteThe Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite by Gerard Way
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Umbrella Academy Volume 1: Apocalypse Suite by Gerard Way


I may have to reserve judgment on this series until I have read a few, but my first reaction is - eh, it's okay. There is a great need for background information to help readers understand the characters and the plot.  I didn't feel a draw to any of the characters, except maybe Pogo.  I am not giving up on the series just yet but this first one didn't overly impress me.  However, these books are written by the famous rock-star Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance so I am sure they will be popular.  I hope they get better as they go along.


Premise: Seven children born under mysterious circumstances are adopted and raised by a wealthy eccentric who exploits their powers and neglects to give them love.   The now grown-up seven are reunited after years in the world apart because their "father" has died.  Jealousy, ego, and misunderstandings all lead to actions which may or may not lead to the end of the world.


Interest Level: Adult


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment