Friday, June 10, 2011

New Runaways Creative Teams


Runaways: Dead End Kids Runaways: Dead End Kids by Joss Whedon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The first volume sans Vaughn and Alphona has been amazing!  The writing and illustrations haven't strayed far from what readers have come to expect of the series.  The plot is one of the most developed and engaging.  Joss Whedon and Michael Ryan do not continue on with the next volume, which is disappointing.  This was a pageturner that I couldn't put down!


View all my reviews

Runaways: Dead Wrong Runaways: Dead Wrong by Terry Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So I was afraid when the creators of Runaways decided to stop actively creating them but the teams that have picked up the story since then have been great. It took me some time to adjust to Humberto Ramos's artistic style but it grew on me. The plot threads of this story have remained interesting and the pages continue to turn at lightspeed when I read them. The new additions to the Runaways team have only enriched their charm and the family bonds they have formed really draw the reader in. In this story, survivors from Majesdane have come seeking justice and Karolina and Xavin have to convince them to try diplomacy over violence.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment