Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yoga, Zumba, and Books!

Today in my Preschool @ the Library class the theme was EXERCISE!  We started off class with a good stretch and then read:


Get Up and Go!Get Up and Go! by Nancy Carlson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 



After reading time, we did all the yoga moves depicted in this book:


Sleepy Little Yoga: A Toddler's Sleepy Book of YogaSleepy Little Yoga: A Toddler's Sleepy Book of Yoga by Rebecca Whitford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars







I had the kids do each pose together on the story time rug while listening to Baby Mozart.  It was so sweet and they had a blast!

To liven things up a bit, we changed the CD to Reggaeton Ninos Vol.2 (specifically track #7) and I taught the kids some simple Zumba moves.  


My daughter and I take Zumba classes twice a week and we LOVE it.  It is an excellent way to exercise while really having fun.  


I taught my preschool students a simple Merengue step:


followed by the Zumba Cuban Salsa, which is a side to side Salsa instead of front to back.  The children were then given time to freestyle dance to music.  It was a wonderful program and everyone had fun! 


To learn more about why movement is such an important part of the learning process, vist Rae Pica's website Moving and Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment