Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Heart Cassandra Clare Again!

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading Clockwork Angel, I knew I was hooked on Cassandra Clare. While waiting for her to write the second Infernal Devices novel, I thought I'd start the Mortal Instruments series. At first I was a little sad to be leaving Victorian England for modern New York City- but that soon passed. Clare did NOT disappoint! What I love most about Clare is her ability to blindside me with her plot twists. I am usually rather good at predicting plot- and she is able to keep me guessing.

This series, as I mentioned, takes place in the present in NYC. Clarissa Fray and her best friend Simon decide to go out clubbing one night at a place called the Pandemonium Club (hmmm...)and there Clary's eyes are opened to a world she never knew existed. This world of demons, vampires, werewolves, nephilim, faeries, etc. has nothing to do with her, right? So...why can she she what most mundanes(humans)cannot?

I listened to this novel excellently performed by Ari Graynor.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment